Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Patriots Day Patriots

Patriots Day in Maine and Massachusetts was yesterday April 15, 2013. Most places in the US don't celebrate it but it commemorates the Battle of Lexington and Concord, the first battle of the Revolutionary War on April 19, 1775. In Boston, the annual Boston Marathon is held.

Yesterday, some idiot(s) decided to set two bombs off during a fun, family event where there would be a significant sized crowd. This jerk(s) killed 3 people and injured at least 150. One news station said one of the deaths was an 8 year old! Sickening. This is one of the most depressing things I've heard in a long time. Sitting safely on the couch in my living room watching the destruction on television, I wanted to cry. No one deserves that. I wish there was some way to help, but I was not near Boston and couldn't donate blood or help the injured. All I could do was watch. I was all over the internet checking on friends and family I had in Boston, making sure they were all okay. It was so relieving every time I saw that they weren't near the bombs.

It was a horrible event that one or some people orchestrated, but it was truly amazing to see the ordinary civilians running out of the crowd and toward the explosions to help in whatever way they could. That is so commendable. Boston is a strong city. I had to say this, even if it's something everyone already knows or won't read. I'm proud to be a New Englander! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment