Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Broken Lappitop

My laptop is my life, especially since it has everything I've ever written on it. I have adopted the same attitude some people have about cars, they name cars and call them "she" or Peg, as my sister once named her car. My laptop (though when speaking to people it is an "it") is a boy, his name is Lappitop. It's a machine that if I drop it dies so that kind of puts it into the same category as "fragile glass" and "babies".

I have only had one laptop die on me and that was old age and this one is getting up there (in laptop years). He's broken again and despite all I have tried to do (I have kept him in excellent health all on my own with updates, maintenance and virus control!) alas, I have come to something that even GeekSquad couldn't figure out without an in-depth diagnostic. That means, in two weeks, when I am officially done writing papers, Lappitop will go to the laptop hospital. I haven't been so sad (for a non tragic reason) since I ripped my blanket (BY ACCIDENT).

This might be my last post on my laptop until I move to my iPad, which I got because of how long my last computer was in the laptop hospital (2 months people, it was a LONG time and they never gave him back to me! HE DIED IN THE LAPTOP HOSPITAL). I guess you can tell I'm sad and a little skeptical about sending my dearest away. I'd say he has one more year on him! I intend to let him live it out! It's sad. I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment